一、中国公民同外国人（包括常驻我国和临时来华的外国人、外籍华 人、定居我国的侨民）在中国境内自愿结婚的，男女双方当事人必须共同 到中国公民一方户口所在地的省、自治区、直辖市人民政府指定的婚姻登 记机关申请登记。
（二）本人户口所在地的县级人民政府或工作所在单位的县级以上机 关、学校、事业、企业单位出具的本人姓名、性别、出生年月、民族、婚 姻状况（未婚、离婚、丧偶、下同）、职业、工作性质、申请与何人结婚 的证明。
（三）经本国外交部（或外交部授权机关）和我驻该国使、领馆认证 的由本国公证机关出具的婚姻状况证明；或该国驻华使、领馆出具的婚姻 状况证明。
（三）本人户口所在地县级人民政府或工作所在单位的县级以上机关 、学校、事业、企业单位出具的本人姓名、性别、出生年月、婚姻状况、 职业、申请与何人结婚的证明。
五、凡证件齐全、符合本规定的中国公民和外国人，可持证件和男女 双方照片，到婚姻登记机关提出申请。经婚姻登记机关审查了解，符合中 华人民共和国婚姻法和本规定的准予登记，一个月内办理登记手续，发给 结婚证。结婚证须贴有男女双方当事人照片，并加盖办理涉外婚姻登记的 县级以上人民政府婚姻登记专用章（钢印）。
六、中国公民和外国人在华要求离婚的，应按中华人民共和国《民事 诉讼法（试行）》有关规定，向该管人民法院提出离婚诉讼。要求复婚的 ，按结婚办理。
【名称】 PROVISIONS FOR THE REGISTRATION OF MARRIAGE BETWEEN CHINESECITIZENS AND FOREIGNERS
【章名】 Important Notice: (注意事项)
英文本源自中华人民共和国务院法制局编译, 中国法制出版社出版的 《中华人民共和国涉外法规汇编》(1991年7月版).
This E nglish document is coming from "LAWS AND REGULATIONS OF THEPEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA GOVERNING FOREIGN-RELATED MATT ERS" (1991.7)which is compiled by the Brueau of Legislati ve Affairs of the StateCouncil of the People's Republic of Chi na, and is published by the ChinaLegal System Publishing House.I n case of discrepancy, the original version in Chinese shall pre vail.
【章名】 Whole Document (法规全文)PROVISIONS FOR THE REG ISTRATION OF MARRIAGE BETWEEN CHINESECITIZENS AND FOREIGNERS (Approved by the State Council on August 17, 1983 and promulgat edby the Ministry of Civil Affairs on August 26, 1983)
1. When Ch inese citizens and foreigners (including foreign residents and those who come to China for a short visit, Chinese of foreign na tionality,and foreigners who have settled down in China) decide to get married oftheir own free will within the boundaries of China, both the man and thewoman concerned shall appear t ogether at the marriage registrationdepartment, designated b y the province, autonomous region, or municipalitydirectly under the Central Government, and stationed in the locality wherethe Chinese citizen has his/her residence registration and appl y formarriage registration.
2. Both the man and the woman, who a pply for marriage registration, shallabide by the Marriage Law of the People's Republic of China and thepertinent articl es and items of these Provisions.
3. Chinese citizens and foreign ers who apply for marriage registrationshall respectively ho ld the following certificates:
A. For Chinese citizens:
(1) certif icates of the applicant's residence registration;
(2) certificate signed and issued either by the people's government at thecount y level or above which is stationed in the locality where theapplicant has his/her residence registration, or by a governmentdepartment, a school, an institution, or an enter prise at the county levelor above, which is the applicant's place of work; the certificateindicates the applicant's nam e, sex, date of birth, nationality, maritalstatus (single, div orced, bereft of spouse - the same below), occupation,nature of work, name of the person to marry.
B. For foreigners:
(1) the a pplicant's passport or other documents certifying his/heri dentity and citizenship;
(2) "Residence Permit for Foreigners" si gned and issued by the publicsecurity department, or iden tification certificate issued by foreignaffairs department, or entry permit and residence permit for foreignerswho come t o China for a short stay;(3) marital status certification issue d by the notary office of theapplicant's country and confi rmed by both the Ministry of Foreign Affairs(or a department au thorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs) of theapplicant 's country and the Chinese embassy or consulate in the sai dforeign country; or marital status certification issued by the embassy orconsulate of the said foreign country in China.
C. For resident foreigners in China:
(1) the applicant's passport, or i dentification certificate or nationalitycertificate used to subs titute for passport (those who have no nationalitymay be exempte d from presenting their nationality certificates);
(2) "Residence Permit for Foreigners" signed and issued by the publicsecu rity department;
(3) certificate signed and issued either by the people's government at thecounty level or above, which is stat ioned in the locality where theapplicant has his/her res idence registration, or by a governmentdepartment, a scho ol, an institution, or an enterprise at the county levelor above , which is the applicant's place of work; the certifica teindicates the applicant's name, sex, date of birth, mari tal status,occupation, name of the person to marry.In addition, both the man and the woman applying for marriage registrationsh all also present the pre-marital health check-up report sig ned andissued by a hospital designated by the marriage registra tion department.
4. The following Chinese citizens shall not be permitted to marryforeigners:
(1) armymen in active ser vice, diplomatic personnel, public securitypersonnel, confid ential personnel, and other personnel who are in chargeof impo rtant confidential work;
(2) persons who are receiving reeducatio n through labour or serving asentence.
5. Chinese citizens a nd foreigners, who hold all the required certificatesand accord with these Provisions, may present their certificates andp hotos to the marriage registration department and make an applic ation.The marriage registration department, after examining the application andconfirming through investigation that the appl ication conforms to theMarriage Law of the People's Republic of China and to these Provisions,shall give the applicants th e permission to register, and to go throughthe registration procedures within 1 month; and then the marriageregistra tion department shall issue the marriage certificate to them. T hemarriage certificate shall be attached with the photos of both the man andthe woman, and be affixed with the special seal (made of steel) formarriage registration of the people's gove rnment at the county level orabove which handles the registr ation of marriage between Chinese andforeign nationals.
6. I f a Chinese citizen and a foreigner request a divorce in China, theyshall, in accordance with the pertinent provisions of "The Civil ProcedureLaw of the People's Republic of China (for Trial Implementation)", file adivorce suit with the appropriate Peop le's Court. Those who wish to resumemarriage relationship shall go through the same registration procedures asthose for marriage .
7. Chinese citizens and foreigners who apply for marriage r egistrationshall pay for the cost of marriage certificate s and also pay aregistration service charge. The expenses f or interpretation service shallbe borne by the applicants.
8. The se Provisions shall go into effect upon approval by the S tateCouncil, and all former pertinent provisions shall be null a nd void at thesame time.